The science

How to avoid toxicosis during pregnancy

With a word, toxicosis, I think, even in men there can be gag. But this is not the main thing that can happen to the body of a woman with toxicosis. What is it and why toxicosis occurs?

Toxicosis – changes in the central nervous system that contribute to the erroneous processing of pulses (even normal) that come from the fetal egg. In this state, inflammatory diseases of the genitals occur, improper development of the uterus and the receptor apparatus.

Most of us consider toxicosis to be a normal reaction of the body to pregnancy, comparing with the immunity reaction to something alien. But this is not so. More precisely, this is a sign that the mother’s body cannot satisfy the needs of the growing fetus.

Degree of vomiting in pregnant women

There are 3 degrees of vomiting in pregnant women: light, average and severe degree (vomiting more than 10 times a day). In the second and third degrees, the hospitalization of the pregnant woman is carried out. With the third – it is possible to terminate pregnancy, when vomiting occurs more than 20 times a day for several days in a row, but this is very rare.

How to do without medicine

When toxicosis does not disturb often, you can do without medication. Future mothers are recommended to avoid pungent smells, is in stuffy rooms, avoid passive smoking, not to mention active, often there is also a snack, for example, with heavy cookies so that the stomach is not empty. After eating, do not bend and do not make sudden movements. With a fit of nausea, mint candies, slice of lemon or ginger can help. It is necessary to avoid fried, and in the morning of strongly smelling cores. Pregnant women should sleep 9-10 hours. Vitamins are also mandatory specifically for pregnant women, they supply the future mommy and the baby with the necessary vitamins and microelements. Frequent excesses are contraindicated, this can also lead to vomiting. Favorously affects the fresh air walk.

If toxicosis still begins to disturb, you must consult a doctor. He will prescribe drugs or hospitalize in severe cases.